Table of Contents
HR Summit & Expo (HRSE) 2023, a global hub for HR professionals celebrating HR wisdom and excellency was an astounding success just like any other year. After spending a busy couple of days at the event, we are here to share with you the inside story of our days in Dubai.
Akrivia HCM was thrilled to participate and be a gold sponsor for Middle East’s biggest and oldest running HR event. With participation of 3000+ HR professionals from 35+ countries, HRSE served as a great platform to learn and share our knowledge with the industry stakeholders.
Akrivia HCM at HRSE 2023
Our booth’s presence was marked on the 24th and 25th of October 2023 attracting a footfall of 400+ visitors and delegates from across the world.
Our engagement activity for visitors where we asked them to choose a module (like performance management, talent analytics) from our 21+ options was a big hit. Their responses highlighted that a module’s importance is dependent upon the organisation’s size, goals, specific needs, etc.
The visit from His Excellency Abdulla Al Falasi , Director General of Dubai Government Human Resources Department to our booth served as a major source of encouragement affirming our commitment of contributing towards the global HR Tech world.
Our Business Director – HR Innovation for GCC region, Mohammad Wais, delivered a compelling session on Cultivating talent; AI unleashed in HR evolution on 24th.
With over a decade’s industry experience Wais delved into the evolution of HR in UAE, tracing its journey from scouting candidates at the airport, to the present-day use of HRMS and AI for recruitment.
Through the seminar, Wais established the importance of setting up of an AI strategy for your organisation that aligns with the business goals and objectives.
The Panel Discussion
The panel discussion held on 25th October turned out to be an enriching session for all. Along with Mohammad Wais; Kirsty Koen, Chief Human Resource Officer, Fine Hygienic Paper FZE ; Vincent Bouw, Director, Learning & Talent Development, Cleveland Abu Dhabi and Avinesh Vinod, Head of Culture, Gulf Cola-Cola Beverages (UAE,Qatar, Oman, Bahrain) were the other three panellists for the session.
This session on “Harnessing the power of your communication strategy” was moderated by Sara Boueri, Global CHRO, UAE. It explored the diverse ways in which initiatives, programs, and policies that enhance employee engagement, development, and overall employee experience can be communicated.
The next section highlights the core ideas from the session:
- Integrating technology, automation and AI into HR practices is a powerful step to enhance the overall employee experience.
- A well-crafted communication strategy becomes useful when it gets effectively implemented and practiced by capable leaders.
- Use of an internal social media platform like nexuscan facilitate seamless & secure communication among
- Creating a safe and comfortable environment is important to encourage dialogue among the people of the organisation.
- Continuous feedback and acknowledgment are the key to foster engagement, growth and development among employees.
- Using a customisable HRMS tool can go a long way in an employee’s journey by providing stakeholders with clear insights on their performance towards fulfilment of both personal and organisational goals.
Dora Hrkac, Official member, Forbes Communications Council, UAE wrote in length sharing her experience at the HRSE 2023, where she lauded the panel discussion and Wais’s transformative approach towards redefining the HR industry.
It was a wonderful opportunity and experience for us to be a part of a community consisting of industry experts and top leaders who are collectively working towards changing the global HR landscape on an everyday basis. We are immensely proud of being able to contribute towards building an HR culture that is futuristic and highly driven by data.